Dr. Alpana Mohta MD (Dermatology), DNB (DVL), MBBS
Dr. Alpana Mohta (MBBS, MD, DNB) is an award-winning dermatologist, cosmetologist, trichologist, and venereologist with countless achievements spanning her medical career. She has a keen interest in research which is evident by her 60+ research publications in noted scientific journals.
Her areas of interest include clinical dermatology, infectious diseases, leprosy, dermatopathology and dermatosurgery. Dr. Mohta has been published in more than 61 publications including 31 medical journals.
Academic Achievements & Awards
- Awarded as ‘BEST RESIDENT’ in the department of dermatology by the superintendent of NMCH Hospital, Government Medical College, Kota
- Gold medal ‘Amar-Anita Award’ Surgery top-scorer
- Gold medal Gynaecology top-scorer
- Certificate of excellence in under graduation by the Principal of SPMC, Bikaner
- Certificate of excellence in under graduation by the Principal of SPMC, Bikaner
- Gold medal ‘1st MBBS topper’
- Certificate of excellence in under graduation by the Principal of SPMC, Bikaner
- Dr. P Dayal Medal Trophy Anatomy top-scorer
Why we're different.
Our team of experts researches ingredient safety information and peer-reviewed studies to find out which ingredients should be avoided. Unlike other product safety organizations, every product on Better Goods is human-reviewed for ingredient safety, rather than a simple automated rating done by an algorithm.
We believe in transparency when it comes to ingredient safety. On our website, you can find detailed information on every product, including the full list of ingredients and a breakdown of which are safe and which should be avoided. We also include additional notes to help provide context for why certain ingredients may not be recommended.
National / International Awards
- 1st prize for poster presentation at Dubai Derma, 2022.
- 1st prize for AWARD paper presentation at Annual Conference of Dermatopathology Society of India (DSI) 2022
- 1st prize for free paper presentation at Annual Conference of Dermatopathology Society of India (DSI) 2022
- ‘International Trainee / Early Career Travel Award’ by the Society of Pediatric Dermatology (SPD) Indianapolis, USA, 2022/2023.
- Travel grant scholarship, 102nd Annual Meeting of the British Association of Dermatologists, Glasgow, United Kingdom, Scotland, July 5-7, 2022
- Mentorship for pediatric dermatology and pigmentary disorders by the IADVL under Dr Rashmi Sarkar (IADVL president)
- 1st prize for AWARD paper presentation at Indian Women’s Dermatology association WODECON, 2021,
- 1st prize for AWARD paper presentation at Contact and Occupational dermatoses forum CODFICON 2021.
- 2nd prize in the IADVL National Vitiligo Day e-symposium Quiz, June 27, 2021
- Imrich Sarkany Non-European Memorial Scholarship By the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology (EADV)
- Aesthetic Dermatology and dermatosurgery Observership by the IADVL under Dr Venkataram Mysore, Bangalore
- L’Oreal Indian Women Dermatologists Leadership Grant By Indian Women’s Dermatologic Association
- ‘Excellence in volunteering’ by the Robinhood Army Academy, India for serving cluster kids in slums across Rajasthan, India
- 1st prize for paper presentation at Cuticon Rajasthan, 2020
- 2nd prize in ‘GSK quiz for Postgraduates’ at Cuticon Jaipur, Rajasthan 2019
- 4th prize in “Quiz for Postgraduates’’ at PGCON Indore, Madhya Pradesh, 2019
- 3rd prize for Paper presentation at Cuticon Rajasthan, 2019
- 3rd prize for Paper presentation at Cuticon, Rajasthan, 2018
Dr. Mohta’s Research Publications
- Mohta A, Kumar Sharma M, Chand Ghiya B, Dutt Mehta R. Clearance of Recalcitrant Verruca Plana following COVID-19 Vaccination. JAAD Int. 2022 Mar 16. doi: 10.1016/j.jdin.2022.02.007. (PUBMED)
- Mohta A, Sharma MK, Ghiya BC, Mehta RD. Clinical, histopathological, and dermatoscopic characterization of eruptive pseudoangioma developing after COVID-19 vaccination-A case-series. J Cosmet Dermatol. 2022 Feb 20. doi: 10.1111/jocd.14870. (PUBMED)
- Mohta, A, Jain SK, Mehta RD, Arora A. Development of eruptive pseudoangiomatosis following COVID-19 immunization- apropos of 5 cases. Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology. https://doi.org/10.1111/jdv.17499 (PUBMED)
- Mohta A, Arora A, Jain SK. Atezolizumab induced de novo rupoid psoriasis: A rare cutaneous manifestation of immune checkpoint inhibitors. J Cosmet Dermatol. 2022 Mar 1. doi: 10.1111/jocd.14889 (PUBMED)
- Mohta A, Arora A, Srinivasa R, Mehta RD. Recurrent herpes zoster after COVID-19 vaccination in patients with chronic urticaria being treated with cyclosporine-A report of 3 cases. J Cosmet Dermatol. 2021 Sep 12. doi: 10.1111/jocd.14437 (PUBMED)
- Mohta A, Ghiya BC, Mehta RD, Soni P, Khokhar R, Sharda P, Z Ranga. Needling with 100% Trichloroacetic acid vs needling with Bleomycin in the treatment of recalcitrant cutaneous warts. Clin Exp Dermatol. 2021 Oct 5. doi: 10.1111/ced.14968 (PUBMED)
- Mohta A, Kushwaha RK, Gautam U, Sharma P, Nyati A, Jain SK. A comparative study of the efficacy and safety of intralesional measles, mumps, and rubella vaccine versus intralesional vitamin D3 for the treatment of warts in children. Pediatr Dermatol. 2020; 37: 853– 859. (PUBMED)
- Mohta A, Sharma MK. Development of delayed dermal hypersensitivity reaction following the second dose of COVID-19 vaccine – A series of 37 cases. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2022 May 10. doi: 10.1111/jdv.18206. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 35536295 (PUBMED).
- Mohta A, Nyati A, Agrawal A, Jain SK, Kushwaha RK, Gautam U, Sharma P. EVALUATION OF QUALITY OF LIFE AND PSYCHOLOGICAL IMPLICATIONS IN PATIENTS WITH ROSACEA USING DERMATOLOGY LIFE QUALITY INDEX (DLQI) AND THE HOSPITAL ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION SCALE (HADS). International Journal of Medical and Biomedical Studies. 2020 Mar 9;4(3) https://doi.org/10.32553/ijmbs.v4i3.979. (PUBMED)
- Mohta A, Jain SK, Agrawal A, Kushwaha RK, Sharma P, Sethia K, Jain M. Dermoscopy in Leprosy: A Clinical and Histopathological Correlation Study. Dermatol Pract Concept. 2021;11(2):e2021032. (PUBMED)
- Mohta A, Singh A, Nyati A, Agrawal A, Nahar D, Lal M, Gupta D, Jain SK. Evaluation of impact of tinea capitis on quality of life in pediatric patients using children’s dermatology life quality index and its correlation with disease duration. Int J Trichol 2020;12:213-9.( PUBMED)
- Mohta A, Agrawal A, Sharma P, Kushwaha RK, Saxena R, Mohta R, Jain SK. Anterior ectopic cilia with myopia and lichen nitidus: A rare case report with dermoscopic findings. Int J Trichol 2020 2020;12:79-81. (PUBMED)
- Mohta A, Agrawal A, Singh A, Kushwaha RK, Jain SK. Giant Congenital Melanocytic Nevus of Scalp: A Rare Case with Dermoscopic Findings. Int J Trichology. 2019;11(6):253-255. (PUBMED)
- Mohta A, Sharma MK, Ghiya BC, Mehta RD. Clinical, histopathological, and dermatoscopic characterization of eruptive pseudoangioma developing after COVID-19 vaccination-A case-series. J Cosmet Dermatol. 2022 Feb 20. (PUBMED)
- Mohta A, Sharma MK, Kumari P, Ghiya BC, Mehta RD. An Intention-to-Treat-Analysis of the Efficacy of Immunotherapy Using Mycobacterium W Vaccine and Purified Protein Derivative of Tuberculin for Warts With Assessment of Improvement in Quality of Life. Dermatol Pract Concept. 2022;12(2):e2022068 (PUBMED)
- Mohta A, Kushwaha RK, Kumari P, Shamra MK, Jain SK. Bilateral nevus of Ota with palatal involvement, unilateral nevus of Ito, and a port-wine stain: A rare presentation. Our Dermatol Online. 2022;13(2):197-201 (DOAJ, SCOPUS)
- Sharda P, Mohta A, Ghiya BC, Mehta RD. Development of oral lichen planus after COVID-19 vaccination – a rare case report. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2022 Feb;36(2):e82-e83. doi: 10.1111/jdv.17718 (PUBMED)
- Singh A, Nyati A, Mohta A, Kushwaha RK, Jain SK. A Case of Scalp White Piedra Caused by Trichosporon Ovoides. Int J Trichology. 2019;11(3):134-137. (PUBMED)
- Mohta A (2021). A mini review: Giant congenital melanocytic nevus. J Cosmo Trichol 7(2021):152.
- Nyati A, Singh A, Mohta A, Kushwaha RK, Gupta D, Jain SK. A study of the pattern of non-venereal genital dermatoses in male patients at a Tertiary Care Centre from Hadoti region of Rajasthan. Our Dermatol Online. 2021;12(e):e87. (DOAJ, SCOPUS)
- Arora A, Mohta A, Ghiya BC, Jangir VK. Acute postinfectious type III pityriasis rubra pilaris as a cutaneous manifestation in COVID-19: decoding a possible trigger!! [published online ahead of print, 2022 Mar 25]. J Cosmet Dermatol. 2022;10.1111/jocd.14933. doi:10.1111/jocd.14933 (PUBMED).
- Arora A, Mohta A, Ghiya BC, Soni P, Jangir VK, Mehta RD. Mucocutaneous lichenoid eruptions following COVID-19 vaccination: A keen observation. J Cosmet Dermatol. 2022 Jul 1. doi: 10.1111/jocd.15208. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 35778897 (PUBMED).
- Mohta A. Cutaneous Myiasis in a Neglected Case of Pemphigus Vulgaris, International Journal of Dermatology and Venereology: January 04, 2022 – Volume – Issue – doi: 10.1097/JD9.0000000000000218
- Kushwaha RK, Mohta A, Jain SK. Atypical presentations of superficial dermatophytoses associated with Ruocco’s immunocompromised cutaneous district: A case series. Our Dermatol Online. 2021;12(4):406-411 (corresponding author-DOAJ, SCOPUS)
- Arora A, Mohta A, Soni P. A case of Blaschkoid pityriasis rosea following COVID-19 vaccination: A rare exceptional occurrence. Our Dermatol Online. 2022;13(3) (corresponding author-DOAJ, SCOPUS)
- Prasad V, Mohta A, Soni P, Pareek S. A familial case report of pili torti, pili annulati, and trichorrhexis nodosa showing autosomal dominant inheritance with microscopic findings. Our Dermatol Online. 2022;13(3):305-307 (corresponding author (DOAJ, SCOPUS)
- Mohta A. Spectacle Frame Induced Contact Dermatitis- An Unexpected Allergen Hiding in Plain Sight. Arch Paediatr Dev Pathol 2021;4(1):1023.
- Mohta A. The Unmet Need of Child Health Care- an Indian Perspective”, J Pediatrics and Child Health Issues. 2021;3(2);1-2. DOI: http;//doi.org/03.2021/1.1037.
- “A curious case of Paraquat tongue masquerading as oral candidiasis” in Journal of Toxicology as Corresponding author.
- Prasad V, Mohta A, Srinivasa R, Ghiya B. Heterochromia of beard hair – A rare case report. Our Dermatol Online. 2022;13(e):e14 (corresponding author; DOAJ, SCOPUS)
- An epidemiological study of cutaneous manifestations of diabetes mellitus at Tertiary Care Centre of North West Rajasthan (India) Our Dermatology Online Journal as 4th author (DOAJ, SCOPUS)
- Mohta A, Jain SK, Kushwaha RK, Singh A, Gautam U, Nyati A. Estimating the impact of extragenital warts versus genital warts on quality of life in immunocompetent Indian adult patients: A comparative cross-sectional study. Indian J Dermatol 2021;66:44-8. (PUBMED)
- Mohta A, Agrawal A, Sharma P, Singh A, Garg S, Kushwaha RK, Jain SK. Endocrinological testicular dysfunction in patients with lepromatous leprosy and the impact of disease on patient’s quality of life. Indian Dermatol Online J 2020;11:959-64. (PUBMED)
- Mohta A, Kushwaha RK, Gautam U, Jain SK. Immunotherapy using topical measles, mumps and rubella vaccine for treatment of verruca plana. Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol 2021;87:285-7 (PUBMED)
- Mohta A, Gautam U, Kushwaha RK, Jain SK. A curious case of development of verruca vulgaris over the site of autoimplantation: Subsequently treated with measles, mumps and rubella vaccine. Indian J Drugs Dermatol 2019;5:115-7 (DOAJ)
- Mohta A, Jain SK. Recalcitrant periungual warts in a paediatric patient treated with intralesional vitamin D3. Indian J Med Res 2020;152, Suppl S1:44″ (PUBMED)
- Mohta A, Gupta D, Jain SK. A case of acquired arteriovenous malformation of lip: Clinical and mucoscopic evaluation. Indian Dermatol Online J 2021;12:198-200. (PUBMED)
- “A case of accidental methotrexate toxicity presenting as mucocutaneous ulceration” accepted in JDA-Indian Journal of Clinical Dermatology (1st author)
- Mohta A, Mohta A, Nai RS, Arora A, Jain SK, Mohta A, Mehta RD, Ghiya BC, Prasad V, Khokhar R, Toteja R, Bha Rgava G. An Observational Study of Mucocutaneous Manifestations among SARS-CoV-2 Patients from Three COVID-19 Dedicated Tertiary Care Centers. Indian Dermatol Online J. 2021 Sep 10;12(5):687-695 (PUBMED).
- Mohta A, Mohta A, Nai RS, Arora A, Aggrawal A, Jain SK, Mehta RD, Singh A. Evaluation of the Knowledge, Attitude and Practice of Patients on Immunosuppressive Drugs Towards COVID-19 Attending Dermatology Department- A Multicentric Cross-Section Study. Indian J Dermatol. 2021 Jul-Aug;66(4):446. doi: 10.4103/ijd.IJD_92_21 (PUBMED).
- Mohta A, Kushwaha RK, Agrawal A, Sharma MK, Gautam U, Jain SK. Evaluation of the Efficacy of Intralesional Measles, Mumps, and Rubella Vaccine with Intralesional Vitamin D3 as Immunotherapies in the Treatment of Recalcitrant Cutaneous Warts in Adult- A Randomized Placebo-Controlled Study. Indian Dermatol Online J. 2021 Nov 22;12(6):879-887. doi: 10.4103/idoj.IDOJ_573_20 (PUBMED).
- ‘Intralesional Purified Protein Derivative of Tuberculin versus intralesional Mycobacterium w vaccine in treatment of recalcitrant extragenital warts: A randomized, single-blinded, comparative study’ accepted for publication in Indian Journal of dermatology as first and corresponding author (PUBMED)
- Mohta A, Nai R, Ghiya BC, Arora A, Mehta RD. Onset of DRESS Following COVID‐19 Vaccination: Causality or Coexistence? Indian J Dermatol 2022;67:209 (PUBMED).
- Mohta A, Mehta RD, Ghiya BC. Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children Related to COVID-19 With Urticarial Vasculitis – A Double Whammy! Indian Pediatr. 2021 Sep 15;58(9):894-895. doi: 10.1007/s13312-021-2317-0 (PUBMED)
- “Case Series of Mucocutaneous Mucormycosis and its Risk Factors among SARS-CoV-2 patients” in Indian Dermatology online journal (as corresponding and second author) PUBMED
- ‘Successful treatment of recurrent oral and genital ulcers in Behcet’s disease with Rituximab’ accepted for publication in Indian Journal of dermatology as first and corresponding author (PUBMED)
- ‘Branch-like pattern of salt-and-pepper dyspigmentation in Erasmus syndrome: A double jeopardy’ accepted for publication in Indian dermatology online journal as first and corresponding author (PUBMED)
- Mohta A, Ghiya BC, Mehta RD, Prasad V. Assessment of coronavirus disease 2019 severity in hospitalized pediatric patients with atopic dermatitis: a case‒control study. Indian J Paediatr Dermatol 2022;23:123-5 (DOAJ, SCOPUS).
- “Paediatric Teledermatology- Current Concepts and Road Ahead” in Indian Journal of Pediatric Dermatology (as 1st and corresponding author) (DOAJ, SCOPUS).
- “Kumar A, Mohta A, Agrawal A, Mohta A. Assessment of impact on quality of life in children attending skin outpatient department with pediculosis capitis: A study in Western Rajasthan. Indian J Paediatr Dermatol 2021;22:220-5 (DOAJ)
- Kushwaha RK, Mohta A, Gautam U, Jain SK. Cutaneous horn on the penile shaft. Indian J Sex Transm Dis AIDS. 2021;42(2):177-178. (PUBMED)
- Kushwaha RK, Mohta A, Jain SK. A Case of Eruptive Pseudoangiomatosis: Clinical, Histopathological, and Dermoscopic Findings. Indian Dermatol Online J. 2020;11(4):672-673. Published 2020 Jan 24. doi:10.4103/idoj.IDOJ_407_19 (PUBMED)
- Kushwaha RK, Mohta A, Sharma P, Jain SK. Factitious disorder imposed on another: A report of two cases. Indian J Paediatr Dermatol 2021;22:288-9 (DOAJ)
- Kushwaha RK, Singh A, Mohta A, Jain SK. Goldenhar Syndrome: A Report of Two Cases. Indian Dermatol Online J. 2019 Nov 1;10(6):719-720. doi: 10.4103/idoj.IDOJ_491_18. PMID: 31807458; PMCID: PMC6859751. (PUBMED)
- Shyam RS, Ghiya BC, Mohta A. RANDOMIZED CONTROL TRIAL OF 20% GLYCOLIC ACID VERSUS 30% SALICYLIC ACID IN THE MANAGEMENT OF MOLLUSCUM CONTAGIOSUM. Journal of cutaneous and aesthetic surgery. jcas_198_2. (PUBMED)
- Lamoria A, Agrawal A, Mohta A, Pachar S. Sucking pads-A report of two cases with dermoscopic findings. Indian Journal of Paediatric Dermatology. 2020 Jul 1;21(3):247 (DOAJ)
- Vijay A, Kumari P, Mohta A, Vyas K, Kushwaha RK, Jain SK. Trichoscopic evaluation of alopecia areata of the scalp and clinical correlation of these findings with disease activity and severity. Clin Dermatol Rev [serial online] 2020 [cited 2020 Nov 27];4:118-22. Available from: https://www.cdriadvlkn.org/text.asp?2020/4/2/118/292475.
- “Waist circumference and Waist height ratio percentiles for assessing childhood obesity: Cross-Sectional Survey in rural Indian child population.” in Indian Journal of Basic and Applied Medical Research (Index Copernicus) as 4th author
- Sharma P, Kushwaha RK, Nyati A, Mohta A, Jain SK. Oral condyloma lata: A rare case report. Indian J Sex Transm Dis AIDS. 2021;42(2):178-180 (PUBMED).
- Sharma P, Kushwaha RK, Nyati A, Mohta A, Gautam U, Singh A, Jain SK. CLINICOEPIDEMIOLOGICAL STUDY OF ORAL MUCOSAL LESIONS : A CROSS SECTIONAL STUDY AT TERTIARY CARE CENTRE IN HADOTI REGION, RAJASTHAN. 2022;11:40-3
Articles Medically Reviewed By Dr. Mohta
We Ranked 15+ Clean Face Sunscreens On Their Ingredients
Everyone knows how important it is to protect your skin with sunscreen. But if you have sensitive s
We Analyzed 18+ Of The Best Clean & Natural Concealers
When switching to clean beauty, concealer is one of the most challenging products to find a replace
The Best Non-Toxic Shaving Creams (Based on Ingredients)
Over the past 2 weeks we researched the ingredients in the most popular shaving gels from brands wh
The Best Natural Deodorant (26+ Deodorants Analyzed)
Updated April 3, 2023 with these brands: Native Cleo + Coco Saltair Hey Humans Megababe Tom’s