Start Here: Conscious Living 101
If you’re new to the world of clean and conscious living and don’t know where to start, we’ve compiled a list of must-know information.
For many people, starting the conscious living journey is confusing and sometimes overwhelming. Once the switch goes off in your brain and you realize that the products we bring into our home can be hurting us, there’s no going back.
Our goal is to make shopping clean and conscious as easy as possible.
Conscious Living Beginner Guides
These are simple beginner guides to answer questions you might have. To find a place to shop for clean products, be sure to see our guide included below.
- Where to shop for clean beauty and personal care.
- How to tell if a brand is greenwashing.
- How to recycle beauty products.
- How to avoid counterfeit cosmetics.
- Our list of greenwashing brands.
- Our list of clean beauty brands
Learn About Specific Ingredients
The world of ingredients used in beauty and personal care is a jungle. Many people believe that just because an ingredient is used in products on store shelves, it means it’s safe. This couldn’t be further from the truth.
- The top ingredients to avoid in personal care and beauty products.
- Why we recommend avoiding chemical sunscreens and why mineral sunscreens are better.
- Why preservatives are important, and which ones should be avoided.
- Why chemical fragrances should be avoided.
Clean Shopping Guides
You can easily find the best and safest products in every category with our clean shopping guides. We rate products based on their ingredients, and tell you exactly what you need to know to shop safely.
We’re compiling clean and conscious shopping guides for all types of beauty, personal care and home products. These are a work in progress, and we’re adding new guides all the time.
Conscious Living: Room by Room
Looking to start your conscious living journey? Going room-by-room is a great way to start.
Go through our lists to learn about the different products to consider in each room, and why you should consider swapping them with a better alternative.
Room by room guides:
Have a question?
If you’d like to ask a question, please feel free to reach out via our contact form. While we can’t respond to every email, we try our best to get to all of them.